- M. Hovi is part of the scientific committee of the ‘15th international conference, ‘Society, Integration and Education’ to be held from the 28th-29th May 2021 at Rezekne Academy of Technologies, Latvia
- A. Allik’s Venia Legendi in the frame of the Associate Professor position in renewable energies will be held on zoom: https://www.emu.ee/et/ylikoolist/uudised/sundmused/kalender/2021-04-14/venia-legendihiljutisi-arenguid-ja-tulevikuprognoose-taastuvenergia-kasutamises-ning-nende-mojusid-maaelule/
- P. Rauwel has co- published an editorial for a special issue https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1944/14/8/1834, a book will soon be printed.
- A. Annuk has successfully completed work for Elering AS, the main energy supplier in Estonia
- 3 new PhD topics are open in the Chair of Energy Applications Engineering. The 3 topics are proposed by Prof. Andres Annuk, Assoc. Prof. Eugen Kokin and Prof. Protima Rauwel. The topics are available here: https://www.emu.ee/oppijale/doktorikool/doktoritoo-juhendamine/juhendajate-konkurss/
- A new Masters’ Curriculum committee for Energy Applications Engineering has been appointed. The new member include: Protima Rauwel (Head), Eugen Kokin (regular member), Külli Hovi (regular member), Erkki Jõgi (regular member), Vahur Põder (external member), Taimo Piho (student member) and Heli Saaremets (Study assistant).
- 2 New positions are open in the Chair of Energy Applications Engineering.
1 position for Senior Lecturer in Power systems Engineering: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/612334
1 position for Associate Professor in Renewable Energies: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/612171
- We Welcome Yashita Khunger who started her PhD in nanomaterials for photovoltaics from the 1st of March.
- A. Annuk et al have published an article on Grid and Energy consumption in the Open access journal ‘Energies’ of MDPI. https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/14/6/1553
- H. Pihlap has published a popular science article in ‘Novaator’ on the cost-saving feature of heat pumps. https://novaator.err.ee/1608076765/nutikas-soojuspump-kas-saasta-raha-voi-keskkonda
- S. Muiste has received funding to prepare an English version of the ‘Smart Grid’ course from the ASTRA funds.
- A new concept of method of evaluation the Masters thesis has been organized, course code TE.0053. The program is more research oriented and focusses on Research Methodology
- Our First publication for the year in an Open Access journal of MDPI, Nanomaterials, Impact factor 4.3 by P. Rauwel et al. https://www.mdpi.com/2079-4991/11/2/452
- From 1st January 2021, Protima Rauwel has been appointed full professor of Energy Applications Engineering